Saturday, July 20, 2013

laguna pottery


#2 Summertime Activity--Pottery!
Yesterday I spent the day in Laguna Beach, CA with my sister and some friends. Yes, the beach is spectacular--where we spent most of the day--but as the water started to creep up on us we thought it was time to explore the wonderful town. For the whole month of July, Laguna celebrates the Sawdust Festival, a festival in which everything that is sold has to be handmade. With my sisters amazing art talent and my interest, we ran straight to the pottery booth. As we were celebrating our dads birthday a few days before, my sister and I decided that it would be a great idea to make him some handmade pottery to go with his cute mug we had just gotten for him. Anyways, it was a super fun "artsy" activity that I totally encourage you all to try!

More to come! Hope everyone is enjoying summer!
Xoxo Skye

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous16:51

    Wow this is awesome Skye! Are there any sawdustfestival-esque events in New York? And what materials does one use for home-made pottery? Also nice quotation on Artsy--really hinting on the cultural craze for these types of activities..(they are fun)
    -Timur S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I am not aware of any sawdust festival esque events in NYC, that's why I suggest you DIY! Two good choices for mediums are porcelain and clay! Thank you so much for reading! Means a lot Timmy.

      Delete